Grid Focus Demo

Icon

Demo site for WordPress themes developed and released by Derek Punsalan – 5ThirtyOne

Support author name(s) in Grid Focus

To answer Naren’s request for a multi authored site using Grid Focus. This change will need to be made in two files: index.php & single.php.

Immediately below the title tags:

<h2><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_title() ?></a></h2>

Add the following:

<p class="articleAuthor">By: <?php the_author(); ?></p>

Tweak the look in the stylesheet using the class .articleAuthor {}. More information concerning the_author() can be found in the WordPress Codex.

Category: Grid Focus, Tutorial, WordPress

Tagged: , ,

25 Responses

1. warren says:

Hi

There seems to be a problem on the individual post pages in safari and some versions of FF.

I’ve put a screenshot here:

2. warren says:

A single post view. Plugins are:
    adsense manager
    feedwordpress
    google analytics

no extra scripts
    no video (there was but I removed it)

I’ve spent a good few hours trying to get to the bottom of it but with no luck. validation throws up the duplicate class in the nav strip which lead me to believe I was in the ballpark with the .fix classes but…. I slowly lost the will to live!

• Derek says:

Can you leave an actual URL for me to see the issue myself? Or email me at derek • 5thirtyone dot com with the URL if you want to keep it private.

• Saiful says:

Maybe warren want to keep it private, Derek.
        I think there is CSS error?

• Derek says:

If there is one I can’t reproduce it. I just tried testing the private and password protected posts on this demo site and didn’t see the problem.

• mimi flynn says:

i’m having the same problem with post pages i safari and IE. its weird because it looks perfect in firefox in windows and mac. been working on it for a bit, seems like a div isn’t closed somewhere, but when i toss an extra div in the single.php, it messes up firefox. pages look great, though… and its working for everyone else, it seems.

• Derek says:

I haven’t been able to reproduce the full page grey bar bug have you or a couple others have reported locally or on production. I checked your site and it does look like there is an unclosed div for the main wrapper. Are you certain that any extra code that you have added is properly closed?

3. arman says:

nice theme, ı try comments

4. webdesign says:

wow, a really good one! keep up the good work!

5. Benjamin says:

Is it possible to have a single catagory (like “Recent Posts”) on BOTH the Index and primary pages?

6. orhan says:

wOOw nice design code…

I am fav.. grid focus

7. Ali says:

l like this because very fast wordpress theme

8. I love grid focus because of it’s simple form and compositions!

but currently, I encounter some problem with feedburner!

When I add my blog with grid focus theme to feedburner, Feed burner said error with XML “The URL does not appear to reference a valid XML file. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 69: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.”

Help Me through this!

I hope you’ll do reply me!

Thanks, anyway!

9. Nachitox says:

Hi Derek. In my page i don’t see the “reply” button in the comments. What should i do? Thanks.

10. John says:

Hi. When i view a single post page there is no second column…

I wouldnt mind the comment box appearing below the posts either.

I did some editing, but I didnt change any of that stuff. Not intentionally anyway…

11. John says:

Hi. When i view a single post page there is no second column…

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

12. paul says:

Great theme! Thank you!

is there anyway to add one or possibly two more tabs to the top and bottom tab area’s?

Can I easily copy code myself?

I’m no expert but if it’s simple enough I might be able to figure it out!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    paul

13. Melvin Punsalan says:

is there any way we can have separate width sizes for the sidebar columns?